Refurbished Office Equipment Warranty and Purchase Agreement
The following warranty includes provisions and obligations which apply to both the seller (Copier1, LLC) and the Customer. This is the only agreement for office equipment purchased, ordered, and/or invoiced from Copier1, LLC, and any deviations from this agreement must be contained specifically within the sales invoice. High volume, Professional series, or Production equipment are covered by a separately purchased Platinum Plan maintenance agreement and is not covered by paragraphs 1, 2, and 4 below unless otherwise noted.
- 5 Year major component guarantee on refurbished copiers excluding production machines (minimum 5 years available parts support). Copier1 warrantees the main unit to be free from major malfunction for a period of 3 years from date of purchase, qualifying service will award replacement of machine with payment of deductible and applicable delivery/replacement costs. This includes all of the following: control panels, touch screens, circuit boards, motors, main logic controllers, gears and gear packs, document feeders and any other boards contained within the main copier unit, including interfaces and other accessories. Laser units will also be covered under this warranty only for Toshiba branded products. Those parts considered to be “consumable” or “wear” items are not covered under this long-term warranty. Copier1 will ship replacement major components promptly after payment of deductible and applicable shipping and labor fees. Under conditions where copier is deemed by Copier1 to be irreparable, Copier1 will replace the machine with an equal or better copier at the discretion of Copier1 at no charge to customer other than shipping and installation for a period of 3 years. For machines in operation beyond 3 years from date of purchase, Copier1 will provide major component replacement guarantee for the useful life of the machine with standard deductible/delivery fees.
- 30 Day 100% Parts and Labor Warranty for black and white and color remanufactured, refurbished, and demonstrator digital and analog copiers. Copier1 guarantees all parts within copier to be free from defects for a period of 30 days from date of order. Any components not received or damaged in shipment must be requested at time of delivery. All parts covered under warranty are to be supplied by copier1 or approved for purchase by third party vendor. Unless agreed to by Copier1 management before installation, all repair parts will be provided by Copier1. Any required machine installation labor is not included- including computer and network installation. This warranty covers all machines refurbished and sold by Copier1 and does not cover “used,” “demonstrator,” and “repossessed” copiers unless they are refurbished by Copier1 or unless otherwise stated on customer invoice. Customer will be provided equipment documentation and Help Desk installation support. For the remaining period of the limited warranty, we will replace any defective part with new or refurbished parts, if we agree that it needs to be replaced. When you contact us, we will require a valid credit card number at the time you request a replacement part, but we will not charge you for the replacement part as long as you return the original part to us within 30 days after we ship the replacement part to you. If we do not receive the original part within 30 days, customer will be billed the then-current standard price for that part. If you purchase an additional maintenance agreement, service will be provided to you under the terms of the maintenance agreement, if your contract is with Copier1. Please refer to that contract for details on how to obtain service. If you purchased through us a service contract with one of our third-party service providers, please refer to that contract for details on how to obtain service.
- Help Desk. Customers of all copiers supported by Copier1.com Help Desk technical support shall be entitled to use of said technical support, free of charge for 3 months from date of delivery.
- Drum warranty. Toshiba copiers refurbished/remanufactured by Copier1 come with a 6 month, 60,000 maximum copy drum (photoreceptor) warranty. This warranty is in effect up until 60,000 copies or the number of copies rated for the photoreceptor by the copier manufacturer, whichever is lower, with a 6 month maximum coverage. Under circumstances where drum fails within this period, Copier1 will provide a replacement drum and drum blade parts free of charge.
- Installation. Copier1 guarantees that unless otherwise stated, all copiers will be operable or made operable upon receipt by customer, or thereafter if additional installation support is required, with respect to print, copy, scan, and- when purchased- fax features. This includes Windows networking where available via remote services provided from Copier1 offices. On-site networking will be billed at market rates to be determined by Copier1. MAC networking may be billed additionally. Free remote networking services will be included with all retail installations, excluding where firewalls have been established, or where outside networking personnel may have created network barriers, thus prohibiting Copier1 staff or contractors from providing remote services. Customer will allow Copier1 technical customer service personnel access to their network for the customer to receive remote networking support. In cases where such remote access is unavailable or prevented by security policies of customer, Copier1 will still provide telephone or email technical support, including video instruction or electronically distributed technical materials to support network installations. Most copiers install without incident. First resort under circumstances where copier arrives inoperable due to shipping conditions are for customer to contact Copier1.com Help Desk for technical support. Copier1 management will provide customer with technician upon request. Any repairs to be paid for by Copier1 must be pre-approved by Copier1 management BEFORE repairs are performed. Copier1 will assist with shipping claims and, in most cases, supply all damaged parts without cost in advance of any claims being paid. We use new and refurbished parts made by various manufacturers in performing warranty repairs and in building replacement parts and systems. All parts and systems are inspected and tested for quality. Replacement parts and systems are covered for the remaining period of the limited warranty for the product originally purchased. Copier1 owns all parts removed from repaired products and customer will return in prepaid packaging upon request. Copier1 guarantees do not extend beyond the warranty periods for specific coverage terms of the covered components, and all machines are subject to possible and likely further maintenance requirements.
- Return Policy: For a period of 6 months from the date of original order and regardless of delivery date, Customer may return for a free exchange any copiers which do not function to manufacturers specification published for the main unit of the copier, and lay return all accessories also purchased from Copier1 with prior written approval from Copier1 Management. Customer must allow repair attempts prior to return authorization. Remember, your copier was just transported, and the most common time for the machine to need fine tuning is after shipment. Customer is responsible for any and all shipping costs, including insurance. In cases where the return is approved, a restocking fee of 20% applies to all returns. If customer returns, rejects or cancels shipment anytime subsequent to placing order customer agrees to pay all shipping and restocking fees, and to reimburse Copier1 for any service and installation charges. Copier1 will, when return has been approved, arrange for return shipping at our corporate discount rates with usual shipping agent or agent of customers choosing so long as said shipper provides air ride, padded transportation. Customer will receive full refund for all equipment, accessories, and supplies, including unused toner in original packaging. Equipment return request must be made to email@example.com within 45 days of original purchase date. Excessive usage on returned equipment may result in refund adjustment. There are no refunds on new equipment, but customers may trade at full value against a refurbished machine, excluding shipping and installation. All returns of refurbished product are subject to a 30% return fee in additional to non-reimbursement of any and all shipping and delivery costs.
- This warranty does not cover service necessitated by malfunctions of parts and/or attachments and/or supplies sold, provided, or installed (excluding the installation of supplies) by anyone other than Copier1, or by use of paper or toner or other supplies not compatible with the equipment. Copier1 cannot cover machines after purchase of toner and supplies from other vendors, as there is a possibility for damage due to faulty toner, developer, or photoreceptor (drum) not purchased from Copier1.
- This Agreement shall not apply to any equipment which ceases to be at the original Customer shipping destination location or is damaged through accident, abuse, misuse, theft, neglect, acts of third parties, fire, water, war, casualty or an other natural force.
- Specification changes, alterations or attachments may requires a change in the warranty set forth herein. Such changes shall become effective upon notice to Customer by Copier1. Copier1 also reserves the right to terminate this Agreement by notice to Customer if Copier1 determines that such changes, alterations or attachments make it impractical for Copier1 continue to warranty the equipment.
- Copier1 shall have right to consequential damages by any reason of non-performance of this agreement. Customer agrees to resolve any disputes regarding credit card charges through legal means other than Credit Card company or issuing bank. That is, such disputes are to be resolved through legal channels or agreed upon terms. Copier1 shall be entitled to consequential damages, including but not limited to attorneys’ fees, arising out of customer’s non-performance of this purchase agreement.
- Copier1 management may, at their discretion, elect to replace or upgrade an equipment order, or to replace or upgrade existing covered equipment with comparable or better equipment in order to provide required reliability for customer. Customer may incur replacement deductible costs associated with equipment replacement during the term of this warrantee, and agrees to pay any necessary transportation costs.
- Customer accepts the fact that due to the complicated nature of the photocopying process, copiers may at times require maintenance in addition to normal scheduled maintenance. Customer agrees to treat Copier1 staff in a reasonably polite and respectful manner or warranty may be voided.
- Shipping claims are the sole responsibility of customer, although vendor may assist in filing shipping claims. Customer should retain all packaging materials. Such claims are not to be used in lieu of payment and customer hereby agrees that payment will not be withheld, rescinded or denied by any other means as the result of such shipping or warranty claims.
- Payments: All orders will be paid prior to shipment. Payments may be paid online through Quickbooks Invoicing or through e-check, or by wire transfer. Customer checking information may be provided and payment will be processed prior to shipment. Credit card cancellation fee of 15% will apply in addition to finance charges on any unpaid balances. Breach of contract and restocking fee is 20%. Customer also agrees to be held responsible for all costs of collection including any attorneys’ fees, and that any legal actions pertaining to sale will take place in Wicomico County, Maryland, USA. Physical paper checks and checking account information submitted electronically or verbally by customer for accounts for which they are authorized signors, or for which the provider of this information has been authorized by the signors of those accounts to communicate said account information, may be deposited in physical paper check form or through electronic means, and are understood to be treated the same, inasmuch as said payment to Copier1, LLC has been authorized and will be debited from the customer’s account. Such provisions are provided for by United States federal law mandated in The Check Clearing Act of the 21st Century. Pub.L. 108–100
- All parties agree that neither the Customer or any of its employees, affiliates, or agents, nor Copier1 or any of its employees, affiliates, or agents will speak of the other negatively in person, in print, through online ratings or comments, or through any rating agency such as the private and for-profit BBB, in or with any terms other than favorable, for now and forever, whether public or private. Customer hereby agrees that by purchasing equipment and/or services from Copier1, LLC, that its principals and employees, and/or agents will not post negative comments on the Internet, in any capacity, prior to the completion of all attempts by all interested parties at resolution and/or remedy. Purchaser hereby also agrees that they will accept and pay any and all legal costs arising from breach of this clause, including but not limited to legal services and internet services necessary to eliminate said negative public positing. Customer also agrees to pay Copier1 any and all damages for destruction of Copier1’s reputation which result from any such actions.
- Where Copier1 may use outside contractors, such details as pertain to Copier1 staff will also pertain to these contractors.
- Special provisions for export sales. All sales shipped to locations outside of the continental United States, or packaged for shipment to outside the United States, or on any equipment later moved to a location outside the United States are sold “AS-IS” and have NO WARRANTY. Equipment sold by Copier1 and its affiliates for use in 220 volts electrical systems, or any other non- U.S. power systems are not covered under any warranty and customer agrees to indemnify Copier1 and its affiliates from any damages arising from the use of said equipment. This excludes export wholesale transactions, or bulk, or container sales. All such sales are deemed final and all equipment is sold on an “as-is, where-is” basis with no warranty whatsoever, whether implied or printed.
- Maintenance Agreements. Maintenance agreements are separate contracts, and may provide additional, ongoing parts and/or labor and/or supplies coverage. Outsourced and/or contracted nationwide labor ordered by Copier1 must be approved prior to acceptance and payment on behalf of customer, and can only be dispatched directly by Copier1.
- Copier1 is dedicated to making your experience with us a positive one and therefore we stand behind everything we sell. No returns will be accepted without an approved RMA number. Please contact 1-888-866-2679 with specific questions. All copiers sometimes require maintenance and/or adjustments to remain operable, this is more likely within the first days of installation. Returned machines are subject to a 20% restocking fee and return shipping charges, and any services provided are to be borne by customer.
- Picture shown may not be an exact representation of actual product.
- CUSTOMER SHALL NOT HAVE ANY RIGHT TO CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES BY REASON OF ANY NONPERFORMANCE OF THIS AGREEMENT. COPIER1, LLC LIABILITY IN CASE OF NONPERFORMANCE THEREUNDER SHALL NOT EXCEED THE AGREEMENT PRICE SPECIFIED ON THE INVOICE. Customer agrees to resolve any disputes regarding credit card charges through legal means other than credit card company or issuing bank. That is, such disputes are to be resolved through legal channels or agreed upon terms. Any legal actions pursuant to this agreement are to occur in the county of Wicomico, state of Maryland and all legal costs are to be borne by customer.
- Copiers sold are used products unless otherwise stated and noted. Copiers have been diagnostically tested and certified as working. Unless otherwise stated, our products will come with online manuals, software, and driver downloads or will be made available. Power cables are included, but any necessary office networking cables or power adapters should be provided by customer at time of installation. Used items may have slight cosmetic imperfections including minor scrapes or scratches; slight casing discoloration; or dents. Copier1 cleans every item, and repaints or replaces significantly scratched or discolored exteriors. All sales are considered final and are nonrefundable unless circumstances call for a refund.
- Customer-owned firewalls or other network security features that prevent Copier1 from networking, supporting, servicing, or otherwise providing technical support for products or services offered by Copier1, shall never result in customer acceptance of equipment and application of such denial for purposes of leasing company delivery acceptance or customer confirmation of delivery acceptance. Failure to accept equipment based upon issues related to firewalls or security features which prevent said installation or support shall be considered breach of this contract by customer, and under no circumstances will be considered a valid reason to deny payment.
- This Agreement is the only binding agreement for all products purchased by Copier1, and any other agreement, written or spoken, is superseded by the text therein. Manufacturer’s warranties may apply in addition to these coverages for certain new products.
- THIS WARRANTY GIVES YOU SPECIFIC LEGAL RIGHTS, AND YOU MAY ALSO HAVE OTHER RIGHTS WHICH VARY FROM STATE TO STATE (OR JURISDICTION TO JURISDICTION). COPIER1’S RESPONSIBILITY FOR MALFUNCTIONS AND DEFECTS IN HARDWARE IS LIMITED TO REPLACEMENT AS SET FORTH IN THIS WARRANTY STATEMENT. FOR NON-UNITED STATES CUSTOMERS, COPIER1 DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES AND CONDITIONS, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, STATUTORY OR OTHERWISE, FOR THE PRODUCT. FOR U.S. CUSTOMERS, ALL EXPRESS AND IMPLIED WARRANTIES FOR THE PRODUCT, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO ANY IMPLIED WARRANTIES AND CONDITIONS OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE ARE LIMITED IN TIME TO THE TERM OF THIS LIMITED WARRANTY. NO WARRANTIES, WHETHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, WILL APPLY AFTER THE LIMITED WARRANTY PERIOD HAS EXPIRED. SOME STATES OR JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE EXCLUSION OF CERTAIN IMPLIED WARRANTIES OR CONDITIONS, OR LIMITATIONS ON HOW LONG AN IMPLIED WARRANTY OR CONDITION LASTS, SO THIS LIMITATION MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU. THIS WARRANTY COVERAGE TERMINATES IF YOU SELL OR OTHERWISE TRANSFER THIS PRODUCT TO ANOTHER PARTY.
- COPIER1 DOES NOT ACCEPT LIABILITY BEYOND THE REMEDIES PROVIDED FOR IN THIS LIMITED WARRANTY OR FOR SPECIAL, INDIRECT, CONSEQUENTIAL OR INCIDENTAL DAMAGES, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, ANY LIABILITY FOR THIRD-PARTY CLAIMS AGAINST YOU FOR DAMAGES, FOR PRODUCTS NOT BEING AVAILABLE FOR USE, OR FOR LOST DATA OR LOST SOFTWARE. COPIER1’S LIABILITY WILL BE NO MORE THAN THE AMOUNT CUSTOMER PAID FOR THE PRODUCT -less delivery and restocking fees- THAT IS THE SUBJECT OF A CLAIM. THIS IS THE MAXIMUM AMOUNT FOR WHICH COPIER1 IS RESPONSIBLE.
- PLEASE NOTE: WE WILL PROVIDE ALL CONTRACTED GOODS, SERVICES, TECHNICAL SUPPORT, AND WARRANTY COVERAGE INCLUDING REPLACEMENT OF DEFECTIVE COMPONENTS, NECESSARY REPAIRS, AND.OR EQUIPMENT REPLACEMENT AS DEEMED NECESSARY BY OUR TECHNICAL STAFF AND WITHIN THE CONSTRAINTS OF THIS WARRANTY (AND BEYOND) FOR REASONABLE CUSTOMERS. REFUSAL OF SUCH GOODS AND SERVICES OR BEHAVIOR NOT DEEMED REASONABLE IN A COURT OF LAW DOES NOT VOID CONTRACTUAL REQUIREMENTS OF CUSTOMER, INCLUDING PAYMENTS FOR SAME.
SOME STATES OR JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE EXCLUSION OR LIMITATION OF SPECIAL, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, SO THE ABOVE LIMITATION OR EXCLUSION MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU.